Black Friday revisited — whose ideology is it anyway? Totalitarianism meets “Gunsmoke” at the end of Western Civilization while pilgrims o’ the 21st century contemplate candied yams and feminism, redux…
Well, dinner was “rich” — as in too much and too sweet and totally great but, yikes. Basically I do this for my husband. He loves food. He is a paradox because he is totally healthy but he loves to eat all the fanciest things in the world. Imagine someone who could care less about buying things like fancy clothes — but who orders martinis Bond-style…
It’s Black Friday — supposedly the biggest shopping day of the year — for many. With the tanking economy does it all actually make sense any more? Dunno. Some in my gen are just into basics, and not overconsumption. That ever present football game is on as backdrop right now. I feel like going out…mostly for that makeup kit, and flowers.
Well, we got through another Holiday sans parents. It gets easier. We watched several films yesterday and one was “Rails and Ties” — I loved the screenplay, I loved the themes of redemption after loss. This is the first year I’ve started to think about what to do next in life.
I read something this morning that is VERY TROUBLING over at American Thinker. It’s a book review, and we all better know about this — the idea of the three shadowy things that would like to overthrow Democracy and Western Civilization as we’ve known them in our lifetimes. You know, after I read this piece I started thinking about John Wayne saying “pilgrim” — he sort of represents what the tail end baby boom was watching in the 60′s on TV — when it was black and white…and, Wayne would have something to say about that American Thinker piece. I’m quite sure. So would all those other little bitter people clinging to guns and religion — well, that is the American “cowboy” way, no? It is. Our gen is steeped in that as mythology. We also “do the right thing” when faced with little pricks whose ideologies don’t match ours. I have always been a pacifist — but the American Thinker article gave me pause post news of Mumbai. It’s the read of the morning. After we see Wayne in action…
Then, I started thinking of that movie “True Grit” I saw as a kid… I would have seen this just as my fledging sense of feminism was developing…Western Civ style feminism…
Apparently there was a “stampede” in a Wal-Mart today. My sense is that this is the sort of Capitalism the “New – Left” would like to end? I don’t like the mallification of the United States much, myself. But, the American Thinker article is very important given all the news this morning. How can things have changed so much in the post True-Grit era? The question would be more why Capitalism has failed Americans of late. I see it as a mass dumb down of the populace — dumbed down herd mentality — the same mentality that would stampede for a bargain in the article above. I think this has to do with “generation medicated” and that has to be transcended.
I’ve been following the things Violet of “Reclusive Leftist” has been writing of late — and feminism is not a thing that can be taken for granted any more, not here — and not world wide — as there are those would would prefer it squelched in toto. Screw that noise from the limp-dicked professorial Chicago Ayers-tribe, no? Screw that noise.
Here are the highlights from the article off American Thinker. The quest would seem to be like McCain’s idea for small business in America — more diversity and less logoville is in order. If it comes to our own nationalism in the face of? The philosophy of “Gunsmoke” is in order…
It occurs to me to buy this book, just so I can understand this huge tri-partite gray area I know little about.
“…In Shadow World: Resurgent Russia, The Global New Left, and Radical Islam, Dr. Robert Chandler argues that the West is in the midst of a three-way global competition pitting the future of democratic republics against Marxist totalitarianism and Islamic fundamentalism. Despite their vast ideological differences, Communist Russia, the Far Left and Islamists embrace a common goal: destroying Western civilization. While the Communists endeavor to replace Western society with secular totalitarianism under a Marxist regime, the Islamic fundamentalists seek to implement a Muslim-controlled theo-political-legal ideology that relegates women to second class citizenship and non-Muslims to slavery enforced under the doctrine of Koranic shariah law.
Chandler, who holds a doctorate in political science and is a former political strategist with the Air Force, Defense Department and the CIA, believes the United States is at a critical crossroads. Parallel Marxist and Islamist movements are currently underway with established fifth columns at all levels of American society. If either of these totalitarian ideologies infiltrates the power structure, the liberties enshrined in the Constitution and Bill of Rights would be jettisoned and capitalism and freedom eliminated in the service of the collective “greater good” or in the name of the Prophet Mohammed. Shadow World, is Chandler’s explanation of the dangers facing the United States. How we respond will determine if the country will sustain a free market, capitalistic democracy or veer precipitously toward autocracy or theocracy…”
“…Simon links to a piece at Armed and Dangerous about ideological warfare and the Gramscian damage to America. He lists the most important Stalinist propaganda memes:
- There is no truth, only competing agendas.
- All Western (and especially American) claims to moral superiority over Communism/Fascism/Islam are vitiated by the West’s history of racism and colonialism.
- There are no objective standards by which we may judge one culture to be better than another. Anyone who claims that there are such standards is an evil oppressor.
- The prosperity of the West is built on ruthless exploitation of the Third World; therefore Westerners actually deserve to be impoverished and miserable.
- Crime is the fault of society, not the individual criminal. Poor criminals are entitled to what they take. Submitting to criminal predation is more virtuous than resisting it.
- The poor are victims. Criminals are victims. And only victims are virtuous. Therefore only the poor and criminals are virtuous. (Rich people can borrow some virtue by identifying with poor people and criminals.)
- For a virtuous person, violence and war are never justified. It is always better to be a victim than to fight, or even to defend oneself. But ‘oppressed’ people are allowed to use violence anyway; they are merely reflecting the evil of their oppressors.
- When confronted with terror, the only moral course for a Westerner is to apologize for past sins, understand the terrorist’s point of view, and make concessions.He observes that these notions would have been considered insane just a generation ago…”